giovedì 14 giugno 2012

BRETT BEAN

Brett Bean
"Grew up in and around Seattle Washington where I only had enough money to go to a local 3D animation school and not a major art school in California like I desperately wanted to at the time. I made the most of the experience and got work as a 3D environment artist. After working at Sony for years I asked if I could break up my time between visual development and 3D work. They said no, they didn’t want to lose me as a 3D asset. I always wanted to be a character designer so I told them I had to quit. They actually thought I was bluffing and offered me a lot of money to stay, way more than I’d ever seen. It was the scariest/best decision ever that, after only 2 months of marriage, my wife and I packed up and moved to California so I could take art classes at Gnomon school of visual FX. With no real money I had to work at a GameStop selling my own games I had just made to people and intern at the school. I started the entire process over again and this time I did it ON PURPOSE. But out of all things to prepare me for my career and subsequent choices, that moment was the most influential. Hard work and diligence will pay off for me. Follow the passion and the dream." 

Nessun commento: