sabato 8 maggio 2010

UNPHOTOGRAPHABLE

"This is a picture I did not take of a six-foot long tree limb as thick as an arm, crashing to the ground and missing my head by inches while I stood beside one of those official historical signs you see dotting former battlefields of the South, this one labeled "CONFEDERATE INTRENCHMENTS"."

"This is a picture I did not take of a man selling bootleg dogfood (in generic white plastic bags) out of his tractor trailer on the first day of 2010. "

"This is a picture I did not take of a man getting out of his car and sprinting into a store, leaving his car idling out front with a large trophy in the passenger seat, the trophy topped with a small gold runner, mid-stride. "

Unphotographable
"Unphotographable is a catalog of exceptional mistakes. Photos never taken that weren't meant to be forgotten. Opportunities missed. Simple failures. Occasions when I wished I'd taken the picture, or not forgotten the camera, or had been brave enough to click the shutter."

Nessun commento: